Clarksville Self Storage: Self Storage TipsLooking for some self storage tips to get you started on the right foot? Clarksville Self Storage is your first choice for affordable storage units in TN, and we’ve compiled a list of our top packing and storage tips to help you make the most of the space you are renting. Start your storage journey with Clarksville Self Storage today!
Storage Units in Clarksville TN – Terminal Road | Storage Units in Clarksville TN – Trenton Road
Self Storage Tips for Finding Space & Packing
Choose Your Storage Unit
You have many self storage options in the Tennessee area. So how do you choose a storage facility—and more specifically storage units—to house your belongings? Start by searching for self storage close to your home, work, business, or regular commutes. You are looking for convenience as much as you are looking for product and service.
Another thing to keep in mind is your specific storage requirements. Different storage choices come with advantages and disadvantages that must be considered in light of your particular circumstances. It’s much easier to load and unload goods from a vehicle when you use drive-up storage containers. Indoor storage units, on the other hand, give temperature control and allow for better preservation of your valuables against changing humidity and weather conditions.
Visit Clarksville Self Storage in Tennessee to start getting your items organized today. With two convenient storage facility locations, in Clarksville, TN off of Terminal Road and in Clarksville, TN off of Trenton, Road, Clarksville Self Storage is your first choice for affordable storage units north of Nashville. Read more about our storage facility’s specific features, and use our storage calculator to figure out what size storage unit you should rent.
Packing Tips for Your Boxes
1. Prep Before PackingTo obtain the greatest possible outcome when storing your stuff, take care of them as you’re packing them away. Items that are delicate will need more padding to keep them safe throughout transport. Pick up packing and moving supplies at one of our Clarksville Self Storage offices today! And while you are there, talk with our storage experts to clear up any additional questions you may have before you start renting storage.
2. General Packing Rule: Heavy on the Bottom, Light on Top
As you pack your boxes and storage container, keep this same advice in mind. As a basic guideline, start with heavy, big things as a basis and add lighter ones on top. This will keep your boxes from breaking down under the strain of the pressure within and around them.
3. Clean & CoverBefore returning your products, take the time to clean and preserve them. This includes covering surfaces of appliances, tools, and electronics with a dust cover or storage bag. Also be sure to clean away any dirt, bacteria, or water droplets that could cause damage or bad smells over time.
4. Pack Air-Tight to Keep Out Moisture & PestsAnother way to ward off damage is to pack with air-tight containers. Deter bugs and moisture-related damage from step one. Some items that would especially benefit from being packed in airtight containers include antiques, clothing, electronics, and documents.
Packing Tips for Your Storage Unit
1. Create an Organized LayoutStorage is meant to make your life easier by assisting you in organizing. The greatest approach to pack your rental is to take a step-by-step approach. Leave space down the center of your storage container so you can access items in all corners more easily. Then, as part of a plan to find similar goods faster later, store similar items together, such as seasonal clothing or kitchen equipment. For quick retrieval, keep your most essential items close to the entryway.
2. Utilize Your Entire Storage SpaceYou are paying for storage space, so make the most of it. If you’re stacking a lot of stuff, you might want to look into shelving for organizing and to stack higher in the room.
3. Don’t Store PerishablesSo what can’t you store? Perishables like food will go bad quickly, and when they do, they will begin to attract pests. It is best to avoid this altogether by storing these items in your everyday storage space in your home or business. You also cannot store dangerous, flammable items or money. Check out a more complete list from Move.org.
Vehicle Storage Tips
Long-term storage of a vehicle can save you a lot of space on your property, but it is not as simple as dropping it off and leaving it. Vehicles of all sizes require additional care to give it a better chance of running as smoothly as possible when you need it again. Get its oil changed if you are storing long-term, top off the gas tank to prevent moisture build-up, and add a fuel stabilizer. Then, clean it inside and out—any dirt there will only accumulate over time. Follow more of Edmund’s vehicle storage tips.
When you need vehicle storage, Clarksville Self Storage has you covered with available outdoor parking spaces. Rent your space online today!